Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Three Stooges

Barry, Harry & Nancy; our three stooges are determined to remake America in the form of a big version of Cuba. At least Fidel admits that he is a communist. We are becoming a nation of lazy, whining, selfish slobs.

“I want free federal health care and I want my neighbor to pay for it.”

“I want a federal retirement program and I want my neighbor to pay for it.”

“I want a federal housing subsidy and I want my neighbor to pay for it.”

“I want federal food stamps and I want my neighbor to pay for them.”

“I want the federal government to take care of my kids and I want my neighbor to pay for it (in addition to their kids).”

“I want subsidized transportation and I want my neighbor to pay for it.”

“I want the federal government to tell my boss to pay me more.”

And on, and on, and on. Sounds like three year-olds. If they were my kids I would spank them. That’s right spank.

How did we get to this place? Is this why the Pilgrims came across a deadly sea on a tiny ship? To get food stamps and Social Security? Silly me, I thought they came for freedom and individual opportunity.

Bill Buckley was right when he lamented that when the middle class realizes that it can vote itself subsidies from the public treasury, we are then doomed.

The Constitution is in shreds and the concept of a nation of laws not of men has been jettisoned. We have an MTV/American Idol buffoon for a president all dressed up like Santa Claus. The problem is that he is really just a Chicago street thug taking goodies out of your sack to give to his adoring followers. In the good old days we recognized that for what it really is; theft. And we knew how to deal with it; prison.

So the three stooges do their comedy routines in front of the cameras to distract Americans while the country burns to the ground. I can’t quite decide if we are watching Rome burn while Barry piddles or if this is 1789 France. Let’s just pray that we all come to our senses before heads roll.

No comments: