Saturday, July 17, 2010

Stamping Out Service

So I'm in line at the post office on Saturday at 11:20am. There are about three of us waiting and two clerks working with two customers at the windows. I am finally the next in line. The lady at the nearest window walks off and I start walking to the window with my one letter to buy one stamp. The clerk, without saying a word places the "Window Closed" sign in his window, turns around and walks off (probably to take his union required break). I slink back into line and wait for the one remaining clerk to call me forward. And these folks wonder why they get such a bad rap in the blogs? Duh. Even more scary is that this is the mentality that will run ObamaCare, if we allow it to go into practice. Had this been a FedEx agent they would probably have been fired on the spot, and rightfully so. You see, when there is competition for your business customer service is king; but when there is no competition customer service is just a nuisance. God help us.

No comments: